We are delighted to have you as a yoga and fitness student. The following information will help you get the most out of your yoga and fitness classes, and clarify your instructor’s role. Please read and sign below.
1. Yoga and fitness classes require physical exertion that may be strenuous and may cause physical injury.
2. By choosing to participate in any class, workshop, training or retreat, you voluntarily assume the risk of any injury. The following guidelines may help you to reduce that risk
- Listen to and follow your instructor carefully
- Breathe smoothly and continuously as you move and stretch
- Do not perform postures or movements that are painful
- Ask your instructor if you are unsure how to perform any movement or use any of the equipment
- Pregnant women should practice only gentle forms of yoga, and refrain from inversions, laying on the belly or the back, or compressing the belly
- Menstruating women may wish to refrain from practicing inversion.
3. Consult your physician before embarking on any exercise program. Inform your instructor of any health condition(s) that may be affected by your participation in any activity at PAI Yoga & Fitness. You represent and warrant that you are physically fit, and have no medical condition that would prevent your full participation in any yoga or fitness class.
4. It is your responsibility to monitor each activity to determine whether it is appropriate for you to participate. Although your instructor will guide you, you remain solely responsible for your safety and well-being.
5. In consideration for your participation in any class, workshop and/or training, and by signing this form, you, your heirs, your assigns and your legal representatives hereby forever release, waive, discharge, indemnify, hold harmless and covenant not to sue PAI Yoga & Fitness, LLC and its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, members, managers, instructors and representatives (collectively, “PAI Yoga & Fitness”) from all injuries, damages, losses, expenses, attorneys’ fees, settlements, liabilities, claims, suits and causes of action which may result therefrom, and which may affect you and/or PAI Yoga & Fitness.
6. Each instructor reserves the right to refuse participation by any student who behaves in a dangerous, threatening, distressing or disruptive manner with regard to the instructor or any student.
7. If you do not wish to receive physical assistance, it is your responsibility to so inform your instructor.
8. I hereby give my permission to PAI Yoga & Fitness to use any photos or video material taken of myself during classes, workshops, training or retreats.
9. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio, and shall be adjudicated exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction in Franklin County, Ohio. All disputes will be settled in arbitration with the prevailing party entitled to reimbursement for reasonable attorney fees and associated costs from the non-prevailing party. I have read the above Disclosure and Release Form, and fully understand its contents. In checking the box below, I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above.