- Leave shoes in the reception area. During yoga class, members put their hands and sometimes their face on the floor. Let’s keep it clean.
- We prefer not to have any cell phones in the yoga studio. It distracts others and takes away from the experience. Remaining out of touch from the outside world for 60-75 minutes will allow you to step more fully into your practice and experience the benefits of yoga. However, it you must have your cell phone with you, please be sure it is on silent.
- Arrive a few minutes early so as to not be rushed and to show respect for others. Lay out your mat and get any props you may need. Relax.
- Arrive late? You are always welcome as we understand that ‘life’ happens. Enter as quietly as you can, find a spot, unravel your mat, take a few deep breadths and enjoy.
- Love our hands. PAI instructors offer “hands on” adjustments to help you find freedom in your poses and deepen your practice. If you are not comfortable, have any limitations or injuries, let your instructor know before class.
- Speak in a hushed tone while in the yoga studio.
- After class, be sure to wipe down your mats with gym wipes or spray and paper towels available at both locations.
- For your safety, we ask that you bring a different pair of workout shoes/ sneakers for your TRX and Spinning classes to avoid any injuries due to ice, salt and dirt on the fitness floor. For barre classes, be sure you have a pair of non-slip socks (which can be purchased at either studio
- Please arrive a few minutes early so as to not be rushed and interrupt the class. This will allow you to set up your spin bike, adjust your TRX straps or get props for barre classes.
- Arrive Late? We understand this periodically happens. Please check with the front desk staff to insure there is still room in the class, then find a spot and have a great workout!
- Cell phones in the fitness studios are discouraged. Disconnecting from the outside world for an hour is healthy. But if you need it nearby, please be sure it is on silent mode.
- After class, be sure to wipe down the bikes and mats with gym wipes available at both studios. Let’s keep equipment clean for everyone.
- Arrive to your first class 10-15 minutes beforehand to meet the instructor and, if necessary, discuss and past or present injuries. We offer a host of modifications and want to make sure that you have a great barre experience! When you arrive to class, your instructor will help you set up with your mat, ball, and light weights.
- Arrive late? If within 10 minutes from the start of the class, check at the front desk to insure there is still room. So as to not disrupt a class, students are not permitted to enter 10 minutes after the class starts.
- If you cannot attend, please cancel online as soon as possible, preferably several hours beforehand. There are eager barre clients on the waiting list!
- Bring a bottle of water to class. Also wear grippy socks so that your feet do not slide during class. These can be purchased at the studio. Also, if you tend to sweat, bring a small towel.
- Keep an open mind! Barre classes always provide a challenging and humbling experience for clients of all fitness levels. Do the best that you can!
- Embrace the shake! Your muscles will shake during exercises as you work them until exhaustion. If your muscles are shaking, that is a great thing!
- Try to minimize talking during the class. The instructor will provide verbal cues and hands-on adjustments to help you experience maximum results. Listening closely ensures that you get the most out of your class!
At the Gahanna / New Albany
location, feel free to take a shower after class but please limit it to 5 minutes so others can take advantage of the facilities as well.